“Cooking in La Gourmet Cast Iron Cookware provides superior, even heat distribution and retention. Food cooked in Cast Iron simply tastes better!”
For centuries, Cast Iron has been acknowledged as one of the best materials for cookware. Cast Iron provides superior, even heat distribution and retention. La gourmet Cast Iron Cookware has been finished with a rich coloured enamel exterior. La gourmet enamelled Cast Iron cookware is ideal for many cooking methods like roasting, searing, frying,browning, baking, simmer soups/stews. Cooking in Cast Iron draws out great aromas and flavours and slow cooking preserves the nutrients.
Casseroles cooking, roasting, grilling with La gourmet Cast Iron cookware in the oven is very efficient and helps you with easy cooking style. Even though Cast Iron is heavy, it is a great cookware that makes great food! Most cooks will tell you that food cooked in Cast Iron taste better than food cooked in other cookware.
La gourmet Cast Iron cookware is very versatile as it can be used on all heat source-open fire, gas, electric, ceramic and induction.
Tips from La gourmet on how to use your Cast Iron Cookware
– For best results always allow the Cast Iron cookware to heat gradually. Cast Iron retains heat and provides superior even heat distribution, thus, once the cookware is hot, lower your fire or settings. The slow cooking method will impact the flavour of your casseroles and stews.
-Do not heat on an empty Cast Iron cookware or allow it to boil completely dry as this will cause damage to the enamelled interior of the cookware. Always put in oil, liquid in the casserole before turning the heat. For grilling or searing use the grill pans for optimum results. During cooking, always use oven mittens or silicon holders to handle the cast iron cookware.
– Always allow the cookware to cool down before washing.
– Always keep the cookware clean, free of food residues. Always wipe your Cast Iron completely fry immediately after you clean it. You can also put your Cast Iron on a warm burner to ensure your pan is dry.
Use and Care of La gourmet Cast Iron Cookware
Before first use, wash the pan thoroughly with soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly. Then wipe the surface with a layer of cooking oil to condition them before use. Warm the pan on slow fire for 20 minutes. Switch off the fire. Let it cool down and the pan is ready for use.
-La gourmet Cast Iron cookware can be used on all gas, electric, ceramic, hot plates and induction cookers. It is also an excellent cookware to use in the electric oven.
- As the Cast Iron cookware is heavy never drag the cookware as it will scratch the surface top of your stove or table. Always lift on and off one area to the other.
- Use the enamel Cast Iron casserole for wet cooking only. Always put in the oil or liquid before turning the heat. For dry cooking like searing, grilling, please use the La gourmet grill pans with black enamelled surface.
- During cooking, knobs and handle will become HOT. Use oven mitts, silicone holders or dry thick cloth to handle the cookware.
- Heat-For Best results always allow the Cast Iron cookware to heat gradually. Once the cookware is hot, cooking can be done on lower settings. Always remember Cast Iron retains heat efficiently so do not overheat your cookware. Overheating will results in carbonization and discolouration of the cooking surface. (Cast Iron cookware retains heat more than aluminium or stainless steel pans, so always lower heat whilst cooking)
- Do not heat an empty Cast Iron pan or allow the cookware to boil completely dry as it will cause permanent damage to the enamelled surface.
- Do not knock hard or metal utensils onto the cookware and do not cut food directly on the surface as this will cause damage to the enamelled surface.
- The black enamelled surface of the grill pans will over time produce a darkish film or patina which will improve the release or non-stick performance of the pan. Thus, do not scrub out the patina.
- After washing, please ensure the cookware are dry before storing in a dry place.
- Please handle your Cast Iron cookware with care as knocking against a hard surface of dropping it may damage the cookware.
Warranty : 10 Years